Monday, December 06, 2004

Heal This!

Muzzy over at Blogizdat has an excellent post on the hijinx of Benny Hinn. I have always been skeptical of the very fab Mr. Hinn. That skepticism was validated when one evening I happened upon a TV broadcast during which he told a man, who stood head and shoulders above him, that he would eventually weigh 120 lbs. This man was much broader than Mr. Hinn at the shoulders. Now, I stand 5' 7" tall and weigh 155 to 160 lbs. That weight has been fairly stable for about 30 years. I am fairly muscular with a low percentage of body fat. If I weighed 120 lbs, I would be a poster child for the latest famine appeal. Assuming that Mr. Hinn and I are about the same height, that man would have stood well over 6' tall. If Mr. Hinn is much shorter than I, that man would have been 6' tall. Let's see now: 6' tall with XXL shoulder width.... I certainly hope the man was healed of his maladies and I believe Mr. Hinn was correct. That man will eventually weigh 120 lbs, when he reaches a certain state of decay in his coffin.

Now if you want real faith healing, go here.