Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Mader On Martin And Harper

Liberal PM Martin: Weak
Let me speak plainly: What happened with the sponsorship file occurred on the watch of a Liberal government. Those who were in power are to be held responsible and that includes me.

I was the Minister of Finance. Knowing what I've learned this past year, I am sorry that we weren't more vigilant -- that I wasn't more vigilant. Public money was misdirected and misused. That's unacceptable. And that is why I apologized to the Canadian people a year ago...

Tory Harper: Better
My fellow Canadians, we have all just witnessed a sad spectacle - a Prime Minister so burdened with corruption in his own party that he is unable to do his job and lead the country, a party leader playing for time, begging for another chance.

This is not how a prime minister should act.
Find extended excerpts, commentary and links to the complete speech texts at the links above. (Scroll down)