Tuesday, November 29, 2005

This Is Close To Home

From MOB blogger Uncle Ben at Hammerswing75: Horrific News
This post is going to be difficult to write. Four civilians were kidnapped in Iraq on Saturday. I haven't been able to find lots of details, but here is the general story, which is:
Norman Kember, a retired professor from Pinner, north London, was abducted with two Canadians and an American in Baghdad on Saturday. Mr Kember, a grandfather in his 70s, had traveled to Iraq last week on a peace mission.
Mr. Kember is a good friend of my parents and a longtime member of my Granny's church, Harrow Baptist. I remember seeing him a few years ago when I stopped by in England to visit my Gran. We were at the church and he came over for some conversation. "I remember when you were this tall", putting his hand down by his knees. He is an extremely nice man who went out of his way to be friendly. His wife Pat, who possesses an equally wonderful character, must be in absolute shock.

My parents have asked for my prayers. There will be many. I, in turn, am asking for yours. I hope that there will be many.

I haven't even had time to get angry at the people who have done this. For the time being that isn't important. Our prayers are. Thanks

P.S. Please ask others as well.

Update: Mom has provided a further link, which includes a picture.
Go to his website for the links. (Hat tip to Bogus Gold.)