Wednesday, October 05, 2005

In Praise Of The Iron Lady

From The Last Amazon:

"I owe nothing to women’s lib." – Margaret Thatcher
Sometime ago a blog acquaintance labeled me with mantle of being a Thatcherite Canadian. I have more than a passing admiration for the Iron Lady of Britain, and I do own the handbag, as well as knowing how to wield one effectively when the occasion warrants it.

The Baroness will be celebrating her 80th birthday on October 13, 2005 and I wish to bring to your attention a website devoted solely to sending good wishes to the Baroness on the occassion of her 80th birthday.
I regret never sending a note of thanks to Ronald Reagan. I will not have that regret with Baroness Thatcher. (I also want to thank The Last Amazon, whose post I have published in its entirety. She is an orchid of the variety Amazonus Canadacus.)